When it comes to saving money and staying on budget, groceries are usually a hot topic! It is definitely a big item for me since I enjoy buying food. Meal planning and shopping at Aldi are two ways I have found to help keep my grocery budget on track. Check out our Aldi Gracery Haul and Meal Plan!
As I mentioned before, I am not great at personal budgeting. I’m not sure what I was thinking. We came up with a number for a monthly budget on groceries and I guess I just thought it would magically happen.
I sat down last weekend and added up all my grocery charges and realized I had already gone over by about $50! How did that happen? With a little over a week left in the month, I wasn’t sure what to do. We could cover it but I really wanted to stick as close to the budget as possible.
Obviously, I decided to go through the pantry and the freezer to see what we already had. I realized we had plenty of pasta, snacks, peanut butter, pasta & pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, cous cous, canned vegetables and frozen fruit. I also found a couple of baking potatoes.
After visiting ALDI for the first time a few weeks ago, I realized they have some amazing prices. I decided to wait for the weekly flyer to come out and plan out a few meals to get us through the rest of the month.
Aldi Grocery Haul
I have to say I was pretty excited to get everything we needed for the week for $45.69! I did forget the milk though. We had a mishap in the dairy aisle that got me distracted. Here is what I was able to get.
- 7 lbs of bananas – $3.09 (for smoothies)
- Seedless watermelon – $2.99
- 32 Ounce Tub of Organic Yogurt – $2.99 (for smoothies)
- Strawberries – $1.29
- Blueberries – $1.29
- Sandwich Thins – $1.69
- Box of Organic Mac and Cheese – 1.15
- 4 pack of Naan Flatbreads – $3.49 (for pizzas)
- Honey Bear – $2.99 (for making energy balls & granola bars)
- Organic Mixed Greens – $1.99
- Four Ears of Corn – $1.29
- 1 lb Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef – $5.29
- 1 lb Chicken Breast – $3.86
- Taco Shells – $0.89
- Sliced Colby Jack Cheese – $1.79
- 3 lb bag of Fuji apples – $3.29
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles – $0.90
- Tortilla Chips – $1.69
- Chocolate Chips – $1.79 (for making energy balls & muffins)
- Three pack of Bell Peppers – $1.49
Aldi Meal Plan for the week!
With this ALDI’s haul and what we have on hand, this is what our menu plan will look like. It includes lots of simple options for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
Simple ALDI Lunches
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Cheese Sandwiches
- Mac and Cheese
- Mini PIzzas on the Sandwich Thins
- Fruit for sides
- Wednesday – Pasta with Marina Sauce and green beans
- Thursday – Leftover Hawaiian Chicken with Cous Cous and Salad
- Friday – Homemade Pizzas on Naan Bread with Salad
- Saturday – Grilled Chicken with Baked Potatoes and Corn on the Cob
- Sunday – Ground Beef Tacos
- Monday – Rice or Cous Cous Bowls with leftover chicken and/or taco meat
- Tuesday – Pasta with Marinara Sauce and salad
There you have it! This simple Aldi Grocery Haul and Meal Plan got us through the week. Meal planning doesn’t have to be fancy or complicated. This was a great reminder for myself to keep it simple.
Hopefully I’ll do a better job next month! I know we can eat healthy and stick to a budget! I just started a group board on Pinterest today for Healthy Meal Planning on A Budget. Feel free to follow along if you need some extra inspiration as well! 🙂
You may also enjoy:
This post does include affiliate links. That means I could earn a tiny portion of any sale that is made through clicking on any of these products with no additional cost to you. All support is greatly appreciated!