I have so many fun ideas to share with you from Donut Week! If you are looking for ideas to keep the kids busy this summer, you will want to try a few of these. There is something for everyone in this list of Donut Week Crafts and Activities.
Even if you don’t want to do an entire week, having a Donut Day would be lots of fun. Pick up some donuts, grab a few books, and do a puzzle or coloring page for a fun morning of activities.
This post does include affiliate links. That means I could earn a tiny portion of any sale that is made through clicking on any of these products with no additional cost to you. All support is greatly appreciated!
Donut Themed Books
Who knew there were so many Donut Themed Books? We already had a few of these and I also picked up a couple at the library. The Jelly Donut Difference has been a favorite of ours for a while. Now we can add Dozens of Doughnuts to that favorite list! Both of these books have a great message of kindness and empathy.
- Daisy the Donut Fairy – Daisy and her mermaid friends have too many donuts. Find out how they fix their problem and make friends along the way in this delightfully sweet story.
- Dozens of Doughnuts – A generous but increasingly put-upon bear makes batch after batch of doughnuts for her woodland friends without saving any for herself in this delightful debut picture book about counting, sharing, and being a good friend.
- If You Give a Dog a Donut – The If You Give… series is a perennial favorite among children. With its spare, rhythmic text and circular tale, these books are perfect for beginning readers and story time.
- The Jelly Donut Difference – This is a really sweet story about how a brother and sister come together to spread kindness to their neighbor.
- The Hole Story of the Doughnut – This is a sweet, fact-filled story that includes an extensive bibliography, author’s note, and timeline.
Donut Puzzle for Kids
We kicked the week off with this cute Delightful Donuts Puzzle. Puzzles are an easy activity to have on hand that the whole family can do together. This was a 300 piece puzzle that my 7 year old would not be able to do on her own. I knew we would be working together though so it was a great one for us.
If you would like a puzzle younger children could do independently, look for one with fewer pieces. This 24 piece mini puzzle is super cute and suggested for ages 3 and up.
Free Printable Donut Coloring Sheets
Everyone loves to color! Check out these free donut coloring pages to find some sheets your family will enjoy.
Apple Donut Snack
The kids always enjoy making at least one recipe during our DIY Summer Camp weeks. This time we did a Fun and Healthy Apple Donuts Recipe! This is not your typical donut recipe. It is a snack recipe that uses fresh apples as the donut and you can add toppings of your choice.
Make Biscuit Donuts for Breakfast
We had fun making these Air Fryer Biscuit Dough Donuts! We used the Jumbo Buttermilk Biscuit Dough from ALDI. It worked great for this recipe and is definitely one of the most inexpensive biscuit doughs on the market.
Paper Plate Donut Craft
Create Donuts with Play Dough
We have an entire bin of Play-Doh and accessories. It was easy to pull these items out to create our own pretend donuts. This would also work great with homemade play dough. You can get a super cute Donut Shop Playset if you don’t already have enough supplies on hand.
I hope you enjoyed this list of Donut Week Crafts and Activities for kids to do this summer. This is one of my favorite DIY Summer Camp themes. Of course, don’t forget to visit your favorite local donut shop this summer!