I went into our Dollar Tree store last week and they had a huge display of Easter goodies! I wanted to do an experiment to see what kind of Easter baskets I could make while just using those $1.00 items. I’m sure you can find lots of great low price items at other stores, but I thought I would try to do everything in one store.
This post does include affiliate links. That means I could earn a tiny portion of any sale that is made through clicking on any of these products with no additional cost to you. All support is greatly appreciated!
With the help of a certain 7 year old boy, I decided to use these 23 items:
- 1 bag of yellow Easter grass (split between both baskets)
- 2 organizing buckets (I looked at the Easter pails & baskets. These would be great for an egg hunt but not big enough for this project. These are found in the household aisle.)
- 2 stuffed animals (I was surprised at how cute and soft these were.)
- 2 Russell Stover Chocolate Bunnies
- 2 packages of fillable Easter eggs (They have so many cute varieties of these. It was hard to choose.)
- 1 package of stampers (I used these in the fillable eggs and split this package between both baskets.)
- 1 package of Twix (I used these in the fillable eggs and split this package between both baskets.)
- 1 package of Hershey Kisses (I used these in the fillable eggs and split this package between both baskets.)
- 2 Plastic Mason Jar Cups (one blue & one pink) These were too adorable to pass up!
- 2 Pinball Games
- 2 Big Bubble Wands (one Lion Guard & one Disney Princess)
- 2 Bubble Bottles (one Star Wars & one Disney Princess)
- 1 Star Wars Puzzle (Dollar Tree has a huge assortment of puzzles)
- 1 Backyard Travels Bug Catching Kit
- 1 Doc McStuffins Coloring Book
I assembled all the items into the two baskets. Then, I went through my ribbon stash and found some white ribbon to thread through the holes around the basket. I made a tag using supplied I already have to add a little decoration to the baskets.
Here is the finished product! I thought they turned out pretty cute!
If you are trying to save money, definitely check out the great selection of Easter supplies at Dollar Tree! You want to start looking early though. They definitely start running out of the good stuff as the holidays start approaching.