Looking for a fun activity to do with the kids this weekend? These Fun and Creative Pumpkin Painting Ideas are here to help! Kids love to paint and help decorate for Halloween. This is a fun family activity that can help them do both.
Most of these pumpkin painting ideas are perfect for kids of all ages. I’ve included some creative ideas using process art and also favorite character inspiration!
This post does include affiliate links. That means I could earn a tiny portion of any sale that is made through clicking on any of these products with no additional cost to you. All support is greatly appreciated!
Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids and Families
No matter how you decide to paint pumpkins this year, you will be creating amazing memories with your family! Hopefully some of these ideas have inspired you.
Tips for Painting Pumpkins with Kids
Painting with kids is fun but can also be messy and stressful! Here are a few tips to that might help make your pumpkin painting activity go more smoothly.
- Go ahead and wash your pumpkins with soap and water so they have time to dry before getting started.
- Pick a spot outdoors if possible to do the painting.
- Prep the area with a drop cloth or old newspapers to help with easy clean up.
- Wear play clothes and/or a smock to keep from ruining good clothes.
- Use an old egg carton or paper plates to hold the paint.
The holidays seem to just be creeping up on me faster every year! We did get our decorations out last weekend and plan to carve pumpkins this year. I do miss our marshmallow painting pumpkin days. As the kids get bigger, the activities do change but it’s still a lot of fun!