Wow! I can’t believe I am halfway through the Freezer Challenge! This can actually be kind of addicting for a food addict like myself. If you are new here, I am currently doing a six week challenge to stock the freezer. This challenge is based on my previous post Stock Your Freezer the Easy Way.
Last week I made Chicken Taquitos and Classic Lasagna for the freezer. I actually made so much lasagna that we will be having another meal for leftovers this week. I told you I can get carried away sometimes and the kids really didn’t care for it. Go figure? I’ll still serve it to them again and maybe by the time we have finished our freezer stash they will learn to love it.
This week I’ll be freezing Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas and Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup. Fajitas and Tacos are always a hit at our house and this dish freezes really great! I’ve never made this soup recipe so I am excited to try it. My grandmother makes delicious vegetable soup and this sounds similar to what I’ve had at her house.
- Sunday – Grilled Steak, Baked Potatoes, and Green Beans
- Monday – Leftover Lasagna served with Salad
- Tuesday – Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas (Freezing Leftovers)
- Wednesday – Simple Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup
- Thursday – Vegetable Soup served with Cornbread (Freezing Leftovers)
- Friday – Roasted Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes served with Salad
- Saturday – Parents Night Out (Woohoo!)
We don’t usually go out but it is my birthday week! We’ve also talked out doing a Parents Night Out once a month and I think it is good for all of us. We tried it last month for the first time and the kids had a blast at the YMCA.
I hope you are enjoying this Freezer Challenge Series of Menu Monday! I am really enjoying it but I’m also looking forward to a week of no cooking once this challenge is over! 🙂