We had a very busy weekend! Graylie turned three years old last week so we had a few friends and family members over to celebrate. Needless to say, my normal way of menu planning was thrown off a little. I normally would have prepared a dinner on Saturday night that could also be used Monday night for dinner.
Since we had ordered a nugget tray from Chick-fil-a and had lots left over, we decided to have chicken nuggets for dinner that night! The kids were thrilled with that option. I chopped mine up over a salad with ranch dressing and it was really good.
On Sunday, we tried a new recipe for Chicken Tetrazzini. This is a great recipe for a Sunday. It calls for a rotisserie chicken and lucky for us they are marked down on Sundays! Score! 🙂 The recipe is a little labor intensive but not too hard. It makes a huge batch that could really feed us for three meals. I decided to freeze some of it for later.
Sunday afternoon I was able to make a batch of energy balls for the week. I really do love having these on hand during the week. Gavin’s birthday is later this week so I’ll probably try to make a batch of his favorite granola bars this weekend.
Here is our plan for the week:
- Saturday – Chicken Nuggets, Baked Potatoes, and Salad
- Sunday – Chicken Tetrazzini, Peas, and Salad
- Monday – Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili
- Tuesday – Leftover Chicken Tetrazzini and Green Beans
- Wednesday – Quesadillas with a cup of Quinoa Chicken Chili
- Thursday – Marina Pasta (Yes, we are having this again! This is something I can fix every week because it is so, so easy and the kids rave about how good it is.)
- Friday – Gavin’s Choice (It’s his birthday!)
The Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili is a new recipe for us this week too. I had a reader recommend this and I am so glad! I threw it all together in the crock pot this morning and loved coming home to an already cooked meal. It made so much that I was able to freeze a dinner’s worth for later. I think we’ll do a week of just meals from our freezer pretty soon.
What’s on the menu at your house this week? Please feel free to share any yummy weeknight recipes. We are always looking for something new!