I have been on a mission to keep a weekly monthly grocery budget! This is a lot harder than I realized. It definitely helps that we meal plan each week and also use leftovers as much as possible. This weekend we grilled chicken so we saved the leftover chicken for rice bowls. This is a super easy and quick meal for weeknights.
We also made another batch of yummy mini donuts this weekend in our donut maker. These freeze really well so I was happy to have some leftover. I just throw them in a freezer bag and pull a couple out at a time. It just takes about 45 seconds in the microwave.Our menu plan doesn’t include any new recipes this week. I decided to take Mother’s Day weekend off and stick to a pretty basic plan.
- Saturday – Grilled Chicken, Fries, and Green Beans
- Sunday – Mother’s Day Dinner at one of my favorite restaurants (Cantina 1511)
- Monday – Rice Bowls made with leftover chicken, black beans, salsa, and corn
- Tuesday – Steaks, roasted potatoes, and salad (I had actually gotten this for Sunday night before I was surprised with dinner out!)
- Wednesday – Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Thursday – Steak Stir Fry using leftover steak and a bag of mixed veggies
- Friday – Takeout or Leftover Soup
I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day! Let me know if you try any new recipes or have any to share! 🙂
This post contains affiliate links.