I have been invited to join in on the Rocking Motherhood Challenge by a new friend, Kristen on Instagram. She is a fellow mom and you can check her out at CoffeeandKissesforMama.wordpress.com and on Instagram. I cannot tell you enough how wonderful the community is on Instagram. Thank you Kristen for nominating me! 🙂
This Rocking Motherhood Challenge is definitely a challenge for me. If you had said name 10 failures of motherhood, I could write all day. The mommy guilt of a working mom can sometimes be so overwhelming that you forget to stop and think about all the things you are doing right in their little lives. It has been a great exercise for me to reflect on those things…..
10 Ways I’m Rocking Motherhood
- I encourage their love of reading. We read together every night and take weekly trips to the library. I am always looking for books that I think would interest them.
- I encourage their creative side. I love seeing their little imaginations at work. I try to create an environment that they can feel comfortable to create in whenever they want. We have art supplies, Legos, and toys around that they can easily access in almost every room.
- I recognize that they need a break sometimes too. During the week, we are constantly on the go. They have been surrounded by people all day. I understand that sometimes it is okay to watch TV or play on the Ipad and just relax.
- I include them in day to day activities. Gavin isn’t as into this anymore but Graylie still likes to do things with me. I include her in cooking, grocery shopping, or anything else that I have going on.
- I show them affection every day and tell them I love them. It’s hard not to want to hug on them. I try to give them lots of hugs and kisses and let them know how much I love them.
- I encourage them to be kind. This is a tough one. I know they are kind to others but teaching them to be kind to each other has been a struggle. I am constantly reminding them to be kind with their words and how they speak to each other is important.
- I encourage them to be patient. I try really hard to always be patient with them. I’m not saying that I NEVER lose my cool but I do make a definite effort.
- I provide a safe place for them. I provide an environment for them where they can be silly and sad. They know there is always something to eat. They know there is always someone there for them.
- I teach them to never give up. I strive to lead by example and encourage them to follow their dreams. “Progress not Perfection” is one of my favorite sayings!
- I spend time with them and listen to them. They know that I value their opinions. I want to listen to them now so that they will feel comfortable talking to me when they are older.
Thanks for reading my thoughts! Now, I would like to nominate three more fellow moms to keep this #RockingMotherhood challenge going! Check them out too!
Apryl from Heart, Hope and Hustle
Lisa from Creative Unravelings
Amy from Discovering Whimsy
•Thank the blogger that tagged/nominated you and link to their blog
•List 10 reasons you believe make you a good mom
•Tag some bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood tag
•Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar
Thank you for nominating me!! I love your list !!! So many great ways that you are being an awesome mom! We try to work on patience and kindness too!! Thanks for the support and it’s nice to know more about you!! Rock on mama!!!!
Apryl @ heart, hope, & hustle says
Love this post! You definitely are rocking motherhood! Probably even in more ways than you listed! ❤️ Thanks for nominating me! So sweet!