Welcome back to Menu Monday! I hope you are enjoying these posts as much as I am. It is really helping me stay motivated to meal plan and think about what new recipes I would like to try. I haven’t tried anything new just yet but will need to soon to keep things fresh!
In addition to menu planning this weekend, I also had time to make some No Bake Energy Bites for us to snack on this week. This is a very satisfying snack and I’ve also been known to grab a couple for breakfast to eat with a banana. The kids were devouring them Sunday afternoon. This is a snack I don’t have to feel guilty about. I let them eat as many as they wanted. This recipe does call for coconut but I leave that out. Instead I like to add crispy brown rice cereal for a little crunch. Sometimes I’ll throw in some raisins as well.
This week we are having one of our favorite dinners, Prosciutto Pasta. This recipe uses asparagus but we substitute it with broccoli. You could also easily leave the prosciutto out for a vegetarian meal. Gavin was thrilled when he saw me cooking this on Saturday night.
Now, onto this week’s menu plan….
- Saturday – Prosciutto Pasta with salad
- Sunday – Italian Chicken Sliders with baked potatoes, green beans and sliced cucumbers
- Monday – Leftover Prosciutto Pasta with peas
- Tuesday – Italian Chicken Sliders with tater tots and green beans
- Wednesday – Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Thursday – Quesadillas with leftover taco soup
- Friday – Takeout (something good to celebrate making it through another week!)
The Italian Chicken recipe is super easy and made in the Crock Pot. I really enjoy taking it for lunches over a bed of spinach leaves and diced cucumbers.
That is the plan for this week! I would love to hear what is on the menu at your house this week!