This will be the last Menu Monday for a few weeks. I’ll still be meal planning over the summer but it will be way more flexible. It could involve lots of random salads and grilled cheese sandwiches. I’ll still be trying new recipes that I find on Pinterest so I’ll be sure to post those on Facebook!
This week got thrown off a little. The dish we were supposed to have on Sunday called for chicken that I had in the freezer. Around 4:00 it hit me that I had never taken it out of the freezer! Good thing I had all the ingredients for our all time favorite Lasagna Soup!
We are also trying this Family Pasta Night from Earth Fare. It is a great deal! Only $9.99 for a family size pasta and you also get a free baguette. I don’t think you can beat that for a busy night!
I love the Family Pasta Night mainly because I have an Earthfare near my office. During my lunch break, I head over there and pick it up. It is in the refrigerated case already. Then I am able to bring it home and heat it right up in the skillet after work. It really works well for this working mom!
This week’s meal plan!
Here is what our menu this week ended up looking like:
- Saturday – Grilled Mushroom Cheeseburgers, Corn on the Cob, Peas, and French Fries
- Sunday – Lasagna Soup served with rolls
- Monday – Leftover Lasagna Soup served with salad and cheese toast
- Tuesday – Earthfare Pasta Night (This is a really good deal if you haven’t tried it!)
- Wednesday – One Pan Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Broccoli and Zucchini
- Thursday – Portillo’s Chopped Salad with leftover chicken
- Friday – Pizza and Movie Night!
What is your favorite summer meal? I’d love to hear some quick and easy ways to stay out of the kitchen this summer! 🙂