It officially feels like summer! School is out on Friday and the pool has been open for weeks! If you are like us, we love being able to grill out more. This weekend I tried a new recipe for Sausage and Veggie Foil Packs. These would be awesome to take on a camping trip. We used a bratwurst sausage in ours and threw them on the grill. The next night we grilled chicken and corn on the cob. Delicious!
Have you ever made Barbecue Chicken in the Crock Pot? It is super easy and is great for a busy weeknight. The last time we made this I realized the leftover chicken would be great on a pizza. We just spread a light layer of barbecue sauce on Naan bread and topped it with the chicken, cheese, arugula, and grape tomatoes.
Here is our menu plan for the week:
- Saturday – Sausage and Veggies Foil Packets
- Sunday – Smothered Chicken with green beans, roasted potatoes, and grilled corn
- Monday – Stir fry made with leftover chicken and a bag of frozen veggies
- Tuesday – Taco Skillet served in tortilla shells with black beans
- Wednesday – Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken served with french fries and green beans
- Thursday – Barbecue Chicken Pizza served with salad
- Friday – Gavin’s Choice since it is the last day of school (He will probably choose pizza!)
If you need more dinner ideas, check out my What’s For Dinner Pinterest Board. Please feel free to share your favorite recipe with me! 🙂